Knowing When it’s Time to Replace Your Cell Phone Battery
As great as it would be, batteries don’t last forever and have only so many charge cycles. Your cell phone battery can degrade over time and slowly you’ll start to notice you won’t get as many hours of use from a single charge. Eventually, your phone may no longer hold its power or turn on at all. Before you panic and think you need a new phone, you may need to you have your cell phone battery replaced.
How a Cell Phone Battery Degrades
A cell phone battery does not just turn ‘bad’, unless you’ve dropped your phone in water or damaged it in some other way. Luckily if that happened, cell phone repair may be able to save your device. With batteries, the charging power they hold gradually decreases over time. You most likely won’t notice this until you’ve gone from a charge lasting 8 or 10 hours, to a charge which lasts half of that or less. No matter how hard you may try to keep your battery life up, it will eventually lose its power. When this happens, it’s time to replace your cell phone battery.
Quick Phone Tip: Do you have to charge your phone multiple times every day? If so, it’s probably time to replace your cell phone battery; thereby, saving you from frustration or missed conversations.
Is it Time to Replace Your Cell Phone Battery?
Most smartphone users will want to consider replacing a cell phone battery between 10 and 12 months after the purchasing date. At Fix My Phone, we typically see customers who have lost up to 40 percent of their original battery life, and the remaining 60% is not enough to carry out daily calls, messages and tasks in one full charge. In addition to an obvious loss in battery power, some signs which indicate the need for cell phone battery replacement include:
- Your battery appears to be bulging
- Your phone is becoming very hot
- Your battery level makes sudden drops
- Your phone has been exposed to water
- You cannot turn your phone on
- Can You Fix My Phone Battery?
If your phones’ battery has lost some, or all, of its power, Fix My Phone can replace it in no time at all. You won’t need to worry about changing the battery yourself, voiding warranties or sending your phone across the country. Stop by your nearest Fix My Phone store to say hello and we’ll replace your cell phone battery faster than you can say ‘charge’!