Mistakes You Should Avoid Making While Cleaning Your Phone
Sooner or later you’re most likely going to place your phone in a dirty spot, spill something on it or leave it in a hot or wet area; perhaps even all of the above. You probably even know people who’ve done the same things. No matter how much you love your smartphone, these little devices can be incredibly alluding and lead to a ‘dirty’ event. When this happens, naturally you may want to clean it. However, smartphones are delicate and should be handled with the utmost care. By making the wrong move whilst cleaning your phone, you could cause damage or ruin it for good.
Realistically, the best thing you could do when you feel like your smartphone needs some old fashion house cleaning is to turn to the people who know what they’re doing. Fix My Phone has seen it all! If you prefer to skip the risk of a DIY cleaning, stop by Fix My Phone. If however, you’re adamant about cleaning your own phone, consider the following tips from the technicians at Fix My Phone:
- Never use commercial all-purpose cleaners or dishwashing liquids to clean your phone. These are harsh substances which can erode the small parts of the device.
- Always turn your phone off before you begin to clean it.
- Never dip or soak your phone in water as a means of cleaning the interior or exterior.
- Avoid paper towels and rough tissue to clean the screen.
- Do not use a hairdryer or other hot device to speed up the drying process. Your phone’s interior can become warped as a result of the high temperatures.
How to Clean Your Phone’s Screen and Exterior
You’ll need to have a microfiber cloth which is clean from any chemicals or other liquids. You can purchase these from a variety of shops including Fix My Phone. To clean your phone, follow these simple steps:
- Turn off your phone and take out the battery, if possible.
- Gently wipe the phone with a microfiber cloth without putting any pressure on the screen.
- If dirt remains on the screen, add a drop or two of distilled water to the cloth and gently re-wipe.
- Using a dry microfiber cloth, wipe off any moisture and leave to air try.
- Do not turn your phone on until it’s completely dry.
If your phone has been soaked in water, is cracked, or broken, you should not try to clean it on your own. By doing so, you risk further damage which may be irreparable.
Need a Good Phone Cleaning?
If you want your phone to look shiny and new, but prefer to avoid the possibility of making a mistake, stop by any of the Fix My Phone shops.